Secret Santa -Finis


Finally done!  These are three unarmored Samurai with Naginata from Black Hat Miniatures.  These provided an interesting challenge as they are the first unarmored Samurai figures I have tried to paint.  As you can see, I am still working on my fine detail abilities which have been much neglected with my long foray into the world of 6mm figures.


I tried to go with some bright colors, as that is one of the things that attracts me to this genre.  One of the figs had a broken Naginata, so he is current equipped with a jo until I figure out a good repair.

Comments

  1. Very nicely painted figures - unarmored samurai are very useful for scenarios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I currently plan on using them in my 'Ronin' unit for Lion Rampant.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the clothing designs. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am still working on getting consistent on the size of my dots for the the floral patterns. My lines are improving as I am getting better at keeping the brush in constant contact.

      Delete
    2. Consistency is overrated. Artistry is in making slight variations look intentional!

      Delete
  3. I can't see where your detail painting has suffered much here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the table, I can see every blemish. I really want to improve my technique with both these and my Arab shield work.

      Delete
  4. Lovely figures - the pattern looks good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment