28mm Samurai Temple


I finished this happy fellow last night.  This is another PlastCraft PVC Japanese building.  The kit is fairly painless to assemble with card pieces for the Building itself (in white), and separate pieces for the wooden framework (shown here in red.)  The Roof pieces are pre-fabricated as well.  The windows and doors are made of resin.  The most labor intensive part of construction is the wood base and stairs.  These are flat pieces of plastic with no details.  I used a ruler and scribing tool to create the "slats" and then free-handed the wood grain.

Looking at it here, I think I will go back and paint the "windows" white/grey to give them some contrast.

Comments

  1. Very nice looking piece. I have good luck with a light blue-grey (like Delta CC Wedgewood Blue) for windows... assuming glass, which might not be the case for this era and place, come to think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking abotu that, but I think these would more likely be thin rice paper at best.

      Delete
  2. Looks great and I think the lighter windows/door will only improve it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about these models is how easy they make the painting. I was able to pre-paint the walls and the red frames before assembling the building which cut the time down significantly.

      Delete
  3. It looks the part and is well crafted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment