Japanese Terrain pieces


I though I would take advantage of the plummeting value of the UK Pound to order some 4ground terrain pieces from Caliver Books.  (My goal to refrain from spending more was dealt a serious blow by the Brexit)  I opted to pick up the Village Rice Barn and some fencing to get a feel for 4Ground's products.  

I really like their stuff.  This is the first MDF building kit I have picked up that includes a completed interior.  The product is even designed for a removable roof.  The colors are done in such a way that I really don't feel a need to paint it.  (with the exception of the roof piece which will probably get done in dark brown)  


The game table is currently awash in Lego Minecraft kits, so I was unable to set out the fencing, but it looks great as well.  Here is a comparison shot next to a PlastCraft house.

I plan on ordering a few more of these houses, and perhaps replacing the Plast Craft village over time.  Now if they would just do a Torii gate..

Comments

  1. Nice buildings! You are not alone in succumbing to this evil ploy to get our money. I had expectations of reduced spending too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice building :)

    You might want to take a look at the range from Sarissa Precision - they have MDF kits for a Torii gate, a bridge, walls and several buildings. However, they do come unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice items. I have been tempted by the "Brexit Discount" , but then I remember that my unpainted leg pile remains at historically high levels (for me), and have thus far not succumbed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment