CSA on the March!

 The best part of being TDY is the quiet time in your room with no distractions like meaningful entertainment.  I packed along my small hobby travel kit and used the time to get ahead on my backlog of 10mm CSA infantry.

I maintained the focus on three colors:  Tan, Butternut and Grey.  Basically I broke the models into three groups of five and then did each set with a focus on one of the colors, with accents of the other two.  I kept all of the other colors uniform and still think I came up with the right "patchwork quilt" look I like for the confederate army.

I had enough figures to do two complete regiments of infantry on the march and two additional regiments of advancing infantry.


I came up slightly short on advancing infantry leaving my with only five stands for the last regiment.  I have enough figures to complete one more marching regiment, which will give me a complete Brigade of four regiments.  I need to add another two regiments of the advancing infantry to finish off the last brigade.  Maybe this year....

Comments

  1. Hotel painting is a great way to stay productive while away from your home painting desk. Choosing figures with a limited palette is a smart move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it go faster. I usually paint 6mm while traveling, but 10mm seemed to work out alright.

      Delete
  2. Very nice additions to your CSA forces. I have done the same thing when attending medical conferences; now that I am employed, i may have to think about using some of the CME time for both purposes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it beats just going to watch local sports at the bar, that is for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment